Sunday, November 2, 2008

Black Ops

Mike's squadron is the 303rd Intel Squadron, affectionately known as "Skivvy Nine" which makes perfect sense if you ask me. But for those of you for whom this is clear as mud I will just tell you that back in the day, it was actually the 6903rd IS, but the Koreans couldn't pronounce "sixty-nine." Instead it was invariably called "skivvy nine oh three." So there you have it.

But I have digressed from the real reason for this post, which is to tell you about the black ops mission that the boys and I planned and executed this week. The last day of each month Skivvy Niners have a promotion ceremony for those who are being promoted. On behalf of the Skivvy Nine spouses group we made congratulations posters and baked some pumpkin bread to be loaded into goody bags. The boys decorated the bags and all I can say is ADORABLE. They started writing things on them like "My name is Zach," and "My name is Will." I didn't have the heart to tell them it wasn't about them, but about someone else's accomplishment. I figured no one would mind since the pictures were so darned cute and self-absorption at their age is still expected.

The first picture is a picture of the bags en masse.


This is a picture of one of Zach's bags. He has just now started drawing people.


The final picture is Will's. He really is our artist and I was so taken with his depiction of himself on the bag.I must say that attempting a black ops mission with three little very excited boys is a daunting task. Trying to "sneak" up to the doors and surreptitiously tape up a sign and plant a goody bag to the door is, let's just say, challenging. So, truthfully, we did get busted, a couple of times, but I'd say the intended targets were delighted, so it all worked out and the boys are looking forward to next month's undercover mission.

No comments: